Elly-K Wigs Australia takes pride in providing the best quality wigs available in Australia from award-winning European wig brands, Ellen Wille and Raquel Welch. These brands are trusted and proven to last well, look fabulous and are totally undetectable when worn properly. However, there are many things you can do when choosing and wearing your wig to ensure you are confident with how it looks and feels. One of these things is ensuring you choose the right wig colour.
How to Choose the Right Colour
Choosing the right colour for your new wig is important to ensure you get the look you want and it’s complementary to your natural tones.
1. Embrace Colour - Changing the colour of your hair can give you a totally new look, or it’s a nice way to freshen up your style. Whether it’s a new look for the season, perhaps darker for Winter and lighter for Summer, experimenting with colour is fun. It’s interesting to know that most people can wear up to three shades lighter or darker than their natural hair colour, so don’t be afraid to try new colours and embrace how they make you look and feel.
2. Consider Skin Tone - Your hair colour should flatter your skin tone. As a guide, for:
- Cool, Pale Skin (you burn easily and don't tan) - Looks good with cool red or black tones, or warm shades with cool highlights
- Warm Toned Skin (you tan easily and don't burn) - Looks great with warm shades (think gold, copper and chestnut)
- Rosy Skin - Is balanced by cool ash blonde or brown
- Brown Skin - Looks good with warmer, darker tints
3. Buying Online with Confidence - Our huge range of colours include natural-looking, highlighted and graduated colours so it’s easy to find the perfect shade for you. Each wig style on our website is shown with photos of its available shades which are captured as accurately as possible. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, you can return it with no restocking fee.
If you have any questions about choosing the right wig colour or need advice on choosing a wig, please feel free to contact us or visit one of our store locations throughout Australia. We are more than happy to help.